- Joint Venture Formed to Design/Build Large Solar Projects in Canada
- SunDurance Energy Ranked 2nd on the 2012 NJBIZ List Of New Jersey’s Fastest-Growing Companies
- Sundurance Energy And U.S. Navy Ribbon Cutting Of 1.2 Mw Solar Array
- Justin F. Marron joins SunDurance Energy as Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Lt. Governor Kicks Off New Jersey’s Fastest Growing Businesses Tour With Visit to SunDurance Energy
- Sundurance Energy Breaks Ground on First Power Purchase Agreement for U.S. Marine Corps
- Dedication of Landfill Solar Project at New Jersey Meadowlands
- Groundwork completed to start installation of solar canopy structure at Rutgers University
- SunDurance Energy and Solaire Generation UnVeil Solar Carport
- SunDurance Energy the 6th fastest growing company in New Jersey
- Sundurance Energy Ranked 38th on the 2011 INC 500 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America
- SunDurance Energy Helps NJ Install over 10,000 Solar Projects!
- SunDurance Awarded 300kW Parking Lot Canopy Contract in Dallas TX
- UTCA Safety Awards
- SunDurance Energy and NY Jets Announce Completion of NFL’s Largest Solar Power System at a Team Head
- U.S. Navy to Award $200M in Contracts to Build 40MW of Solar PV Power Plants
- Solar Panel Project Would Cover 70 Acres of Landfill in North Arlington, Kearny
- Yingli Green to Supply More Than Ten Megawatts of Photovoltaic Solar Modules to SunDurance Energy
- SunDurance Energy and Nautilus Solar Energy to Build Solar Power Facility at William Paterson
- SunDurance Energy and Tioga Energy Awarded Renewable Energy Pilot Program in New Jersey
- SunDurance Energy Rutgers Project Featured in Local TV News Coverage
- Rutgers University Breaks Ground for Largest Campus Solar Energy Facility in Nation
- Blueberry Fields Forever: Jersey Pinelands Gets Its First Solar Power Facility
Key Equipment Finance, one of the nation's largest bank-held equipment finance companies and an affiliate of KeyCorp (NYSE: KEY) today announced that the company is financing a solar system installation at Rutgers University, The State University of New Jersey. SunDurance Energy, a leading national solar provider, is the solar integrator for the project.
The university is installing more than 40,000 high-efficiency solar panels mounted on canopy structures over two large surface parking areas on the Livingston Campus in Piscataway Township, New Jersey. The 32-acres of solar canopies will generate over nine million kWh of power, or approximately $1.2 million in electricity – equivalent to the annual energy consumption of nearly 1,000 households.
By leasing the solar installation from Key Equipment Finance, Rutgers University will benefit from federal tax incentives, as well as New Jersey's Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs), for this project. Those incentives, combined with the electricity savings generated from the solar energy installation, are projected to net Rutgers $28 million over a 20-year period.
"This project makes good sense economically and environmentally," said Antonio Calcado, Rutgers' vice president for facilities and capital planning. "This is an exciting and innovative project that demonstrates Rutgers' ongoing commitment to energy efficiency and environmentally sound practices."
Key Equipment Finance provides flexible equipment finance options to commercial customers and government entities interested in taking advantage of the tax benefits, renewable energy incentives and energy savings available through solar panel installations. As finance partner on this project, Key Equipment Finance is responsible for financing the construction and leasing the installation to the university upon completion of the construction. At the end of the 15-year lease term, Rutgers University will purchase the facility at fair market value.
"We work closely with educational institutions across the country and are pleased to see Rutgers University leading the way when it comes to solar power," said David ten Kroode, vice president of Key Equipment Finance's energy finance business. "Rutgers University should serve as an example to other colleges and universities when it comes to recognizing the energy- and cost-savings available through the use of photovoltaic solar installations, and it is our pleasure to work with them on this project."
Construction of the solar canopies is underway now and the first phase of the installation is expected to be completed this summer.
About SunDurance Energy, LLC
SunDurance Energy, LLC is a solar energy company that develops, designs, builds and operates megawatt-scale solar power solutions for the commercial, government, and utility-scale markets. An affiliate of The Conti Group, SunDurance Energy is a leading national solar provider, ranked #38 on Inc. Magazine's list of America's 500 fastest-growing private companies and #3 in the Energy Sector. SunDurance Energy is the recipient of the Interstate Renewable Energy Council's 2009 Innovation Award and The Utility & Transportation Contractors Association's 2010 Construction Safety Award. For more information please visit www.SunDuranceEnergy.com.
About Key Equipment Finance
Key Equipment Finance is one of the largest bank-based equipment finance providers in the U.S. The company provides tailored equipment lease and finance solutions for commercial clients and government entities. Through its vendor services unit, equipment finance programs are developed for manufacturers, distributors and resellers in the U.S., Canada and Europe. Key Equipment Finance also provides lease capital markets support for corporations looking to optimize risk and revenue.
Headquartered outside Denver, Colorado, Key Equipment Finance manages nearly $9 billion in assets and originates over $3 billion of equipment financing annually. The company has management and operations bases in Albany, New York; London, England; Frankfurt, Germany; Madrid, Spain; Milan, Italy; Paris, France and Toronto, Canada. The company, which supports clients in over 30 countries, employs approximately 575 people worldwide and has been in the equipment financing business for over 35 years. For more information, visit www.KEFonline.com.
KeyCorp (NYSE: KEY) was organized more than 160 years ago and is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. One of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, Key has assets of approximately $89 billion.
Key provides deposit, lending, cash management and investment services to individuals and small businesses in 14 states under the name of KeyBank N.A. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. For more information, visit www.key.com. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
Over nine million kWh of power, or approximately $1.2 million in electricity – equivalent to the annual energy consumption of nearly 1,000 households